Do you have a passion for diversity and inclusion? Would you be interested in volunteering with us?
We have a number of volunteer positions that are open throughout the year, contact us to find out more about how you can support us with your time and skills, here are some of our current volunteer positions.
Social Media/IT Assistant
This is an exciting position that offers plenty of opportunity to raise awareness of diversity and equality.
In this role you will assist with development projects for disability sports and various other related projects through website and social media development, design and maintenance.
Key responsibilities include:
- To assist in the development and design of content and the maintenance of our website, including regular updates.
- To provide social media support, with the use of Facebook, Twitter and other platforms.
- Assist with designing and sending e-campaigns, newsletters and other marketing/publicity material using Mailchimp and other marketing tools.
- To assist with any other technical and/or administrative tasks related to the website.
Project Development and Marketing Assistant
With upcoming development projects approaching, we are seeking applications for a voluntary Project Development and Marketing Assistant at our office in East London. This is an exciting position as we are currently delivering disability sports projects London and Leicester. We are developing some activities for India and other parts fo the UK too.
This role is to assist the organisation with the development of national and international programmes for disability inclusion, by providing support with research, administration, writing proposals, emails and reports.
Key responsibilities include:
- To research potential partnerships and assist in the development of project proposals
- To research possible funding opportunities and assist in the development of grant proposals
- To represent Choice International at conferences, exhibitions, and seminars
- Providing support with administrative tasks and the organisation/management of Choice International’s activities and events.
We are seeking a Fundraising Volunteer to support with writing fundraising proposals, completing funding applications to trusts and foundations as well as corporates for sponsorship for events and one-off projects. In this role you will assist with raising funds for both our events and organisation in the long term, based in our office in East London.
Working in a small team you will be supporting Choice Directors, and will have responsibility for corporate, major donor and other fundraising. You will be involved with some of the largest grant funders in the UK, including the Big Lottery, Comic Relief, London Council and others.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assisting with researching and approaching national and international corporate entities for event sponsorship, partnerships, Charity of the Year partnerships, and donations from corporate foundations.
- Assisting with writing and delivering compelling presentations and proposals for funding to trusts, foundations and other institutes.
- Writing emails and speaking with potential partners over the phone about the work that Choice International does, with the aim of securing funds for the organisation.
You will have the following skills and experience:
- A good level of written and spoken English communication
- Knowledge of corporate funding techniques including Charity of the Year, sponsorship, donations, marketing would be advantageous
- An ability to present to and engage potential partners/sponsors in a compelling way.
Sports Coaching Assistant
Choice International run a weekly wheelchair basketball session at East Ham Leisure Centre, East London and would love for those who are passionate about diversity and social inclusion to join us in delivering these sessions. The sessions run every Saturday from midday until 2pm and are a great way of raising awareness of disability sport and promoting social inclusion. The sessions are open to both disabled and non-disabled people, families, friends and anyone with an interest.
If you are interested in helping us deliver these sessions, then we would like to hear from you! This role will involve helping support to deliver sessions. It would be ideal if you have some sports coaching experience/qualifications.
In all our volunteer positions we expect you to be able to work independently and using your own initiative. Where possible, we will provide opportunities for training, development and guidance, should you need it. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to support development projects and improve the quality of life of marginalised people. If you are passionate about equality, diversity, international development and are keen to gain valuable experience then we would like to hear from you.
Please note that these are voluntary, unpaid positions.
We are always on the look-out for people to help us run our sporting events. Please contact us if you’d like to help.