When booking on an event you must inform us in your booking comments if you answer ‘yes’ to any of the following health questions:
- Do you have any symptoms of COVID-19 (e.g. high temperature, new continuous cough, new breathing difficulties)?
- Has your doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and that you should only do physical activity recommended by a doctor?
- Do you feel pain in your chest when you do physical activity?
- In the past month, have you had chest pain when you are not doing physical activity?
- Do you lose your balance because of dizziness or do you ever lose consciousness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem (for example, back, knee or hip) that could be made worse by a change in your physical activity?
- Is your doctor currently prescribing drugs (for example, water pills) for your blood pressure or heart condition?
- Have you recently had a high temperature and a new, continuous cough (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual), or any breathing difficulties?
- Do you know of any other reason why you should not take part in physical activity?
Please note: If your health changes so that you subsequently answer YES to any of the above questions please contact us before the session.
Our advice on becoming more active
Being more active is very safe for most people. However, some people should check with
their doctor before they start becoming more physically active.
If you are planning to become more physically active than you are now, start by answering
the questions above. If you are between the ages of 15 and 69, this questionnaire will tell
you if you should check with your doctor before you start being more active. If you are over
69 years of age, and you are not used to being very active, you should check with your
doctor before you start any new activity.
If you answered YES to any of the above questions
You must talk with your doctor BEFORE you start to become more physically active or BEFORE you have a fitness appraisal. Tell your doctor about this questionnaire and which questions you answered YES to.
- You may be able to do any activity you want – as long as you start slowly and build up gradually. Or, you may need to restrict your activities which are safe for you. Talk to your doctor about the type of activity you wish to participate in and follow his/her guidance.
- Find out which community programs are safe and helpful for you.
If you answered NO honestly to any of the above questions
You can be reasonably sure that you can:
- Start becoming more physically active – begin slowly and build up gradually. This is
- the safest and easiest way to go,
- Take part in a fitness appraisal – this is an excellent way to determine your basic
- fitness so that you can plan the best way for you to live actively. It is also highly
- recommended that you have your blood pressure evaluated. If your reading is over
- 144/94, talk with your doctor before you start becoming physically active.
Delay becoming more active if…
- If you are not feeling well because of a temporary illness such as a cold or fever –
- wait until you feel better; or
- If you are or may be pregnant – talk to your doctor before you start to become more
Online Zoom Event Guidance
In addition, if your event is an Online Zoom event you must also read our Online Event Policy and Guidance. It outlines your additional commitments to us when using Zoom.
You can close this browser tab to return to your previous page