Our website address is: http://www.challengelife.co.uk
- What data do we collect?
- How do we collect your data?
- How will we use your data?
- How do we store your data?
- What are your data protection rights?
- What are cookies?
- What types of cookies do we use?
- How to manage your cookies
- Privacy policies of other websites
- Embedded content from other websites
- How to contact us
- How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our website collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, age)
- Credentials for logging into the site (Username and encrypted password)
- Comments made when booking events
- Comments made when making donations
- Comments made on our ‘Contact Us‘ form
In addition, Challenge Life collects the following data:
- The personal information you provide on our Health and Safety questionnaires when attending our events
- Data about your disability/impairment (where applicable)
- With your written permission, we may also store images and videos of you for use in our promotional literature
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Challenge Life with all of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online.
- Book onto one of our events online.
- Make a donation to us online.
- Contact us by post, telephone, email, or through our ‘Contact Us’ form.
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
- Complete one of our health and safety safeguarding questionnaires.
- Attend one of our physical sports sessions and complete a physical form which includes contact details and details about your disability/impairment and physical activity readiness (where applicable).
- Allow us, with your written permission, to take photographs or videos of yourself at one of our sessions, events or meetings.
Challenge Life does not receive your data indirectly from any 3rd party sources.
How will we use your data?
Challenge Life collects your data so that we can:
- Process your event bookings and manage your online account.
- Email or phone you with questions or news relating to your event bookings.
- Respond to your ‘contact us‘ enquiries.
- Provide financial audits of your donations for legal and tax purposes.
- Provide you with information regarding your donation and bookings history on our website.
- Contact you with a periodic newsletter, only with your explicit consent.
- Ensure your safety during our events.
- Report back to funders/sponsors with collective data on engagement in our activities, we may share quotes from you or photos/images that include you if you have provided us with written consent
- With your written permission, use your image in our promotional material on our website, social media, and in print.
We do not share your data with any partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When processing donations online, our website may send your data to our payment gateway, solely in order to process your transaction. No records of your financial information are held at all after the transaction completes.
How do we store your data?
Challenge Life securely stores your data on our website’s database held through our 3rd party web hosting company. Email communications and photos and videos of yourselves will be encrypted and held securely through our email/cloud service provider.
Any data shared via completing forms for Challenge Life will be stored securely on password protected systems and processed only by Challenge Life employees.
Challenge Life will keep your personal data for as long as you are an active service user with us, and then for 5 years after your last interaction with us. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data by deleting it from our online database. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Challenge Life would like, with your permission, to send you information about services of ours that we think you might like. At present we do not pass data onto any other companies to allow them to do the same.
If you have agreed to receive our newsletter, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Challenge Life from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to other members of the Challenge Life Group.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please use the ‘unsubscribe’ link on our marketing emails and/or contact us.
What are your data protection rights?
Challenge Life would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Challenge Life for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Challenge Life correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Challenge Life to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Challenge Life erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Challenge Life restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Challenge Life processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Challenge Life transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by email, phone, post or through our ‘Contact Us’ form.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Providing you with your donation history information
- Processing your event bookings
- Auto-populating some of your information on some online forms on our website to save you having to repeat typed information.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies:
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – At present, our website does not use these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. Youtube videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Challenge Life has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Phone: 0303 123 1113
You can close this browser tab to return to your previous page